Healthy Snacks for Festival Week
It’s been a busy week for our staffers at the 2018 Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival. As we near the finish line for this year’s Festival, we’d like to remind our guests and their children to stay healthy, which includes eating healthy snacks.
Many flavored tobacco products are designed to look like snacks; here are some examples.
Here is a list of healthy flavored snacks that you and our young guests can enjoy instead of flavored tobacco products, as recommended by our LAAPFF staff!
- Popcorn: This all-time classic is low-calorie and you won’t feel like you’re missing out at the theatre.
- Milk: Build healthy bones and teeth. You can even get lactose-free milk if you are lactose intolerant.
- Frozen grapes: When it’s a hot day and you’re craving something sweet, frozen grapes are the perfect treat.
- Berries: They’re packed with antioxidants and have a good amount of fiber to help regulate your digestive system.
- Water: Trade the typical soda or coffee for water (or even juice)!
- Dark chocolate: Can’t cut out the candy completely? Opt for some dark chocolate, which may improve blood flow and serotonin levels.
- Nuts and granola bars: If you’re really hungry, a handful of nuts or a granola bar can provide enough protein to fill you up for a while.
- Carrots/celery: These are easy to pack in a zip-lock bag and eat on the go.
The California Tobacco Control Program is a proud sponsor of the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival. They are spreading the word to parents about the dangers of flavored tobacco products, including e-cigs, which more and more kids use because they come in flavors like mango and strawberry. All tobacco products are toxic and highly addictive. Visit FlavorsHookKids.org for more info.